Another weekend gone and a new recipe tried.
I’d fallen behind a bit on making sure the freezer was stocked with food ready for Sidekicks culinary adventure so I’ve done a batch of cooking this weekend.
These bright orange fritters are pretty yummy even if I do say so myself.
As ever they are easy and quick to do and freeze well.
What you need is:
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 2 tbsp. peanut butter (smooth)
- 2 tsp turmeric
- Black pepper
- 1 lemon
And here’s how you do it:
- Preheat oven to 180c and prepare your baking sheets – oil them with some olive oil
- Cut your sweet potato into small chunks and cook. I steamed them but you can boil them
- Meanwhile cook your quinoa. Now there is instructions about how much water to quinoa you need, I just pour a load in until well covered
- Put in half the lemon juice into the quinoa
- Now do a dance around the kitchen whilst everything is cooking
- Once the potato is cooked put it, the peanut butter, the turmeric and the rest of the lemon into a food processor and blend. If you haven’t got a food processor, really mash the potato and really stir in the other ingredients
- Once smooth (how cool is the colour?) spoon into a bowl
- Add in the quinoa and stir until all mixed
- Now spoon mixture (I did a dessert spoon) onto your baking sheets and cook for 25 minutes until crispy and firm
That’s it. Goes well with cold meat (if you eat it), salad, picnics, packed lunches and as ever perfect for baby led weaning.
So what do you think? I think these would be brilliant at a Halloween party, a healthy, colour appropriate food!