I had a good pregnancy. I didn’t suffer from any morning sickness or any odd cravings. I remained active and loved being pregnant.
As my father is diabetic I was tested for diabetes at 28 weeks. I didn’t really think anything of it, I was fit and healthy, walking ever day, watching what I ate.
Turns out I was wrong.
Continue reading “101 on Gestational Diabetes: Diagnosis”
I managed at the weekend to do some cooking. I always try to do something so I’ve got something good for Sidekick in the freezer.
Hubby and I may be living on toast but Sidekick gets a good choice.
Continue reading “Homemade Gnocchi”
I like many parents am always on the lookout for money saving ideas. I’m thrifty.
I have an issue with toys. I’m a firm believer in quality over quantity.
Continue reading “How to make discovery bottles”
Like many, if not all parents, I’m always trying to come up with ways to make my life easier.
Enter parenting hacks!
This list will hopefully grow as Sidekick grows. If you have any hacks and are willing to share please get in touch and I can link across.
- Order two sleeved bibs, that way they can be in rotation, one gets washed other used
- Stick a command hook to the back of the highchair so you always know where the bib is
- Keep one of the babys clothes hangers in the kitchen. When you’ve sponged of the bib hang it up to dry
- Get a small plastic bowl so child can wash their own hands (read you wash them)
- Keep and clean yogurt pots, empty bottles, brilliant bath time toys
- Keep clear 500ml bottles to make discovery bottles
- In really warm weather hang damp towels in the bedroom just keep them away from baby’s reach
- Keep an empty nappy box and use to store toys, put baby in and be a train, car, boat
- If you find a pinecone or a nice rock keep for little one to explore
- Kitchen utensils are the best toys – wooden spoon, whisk, spatula
So I’m going to reveal a shocking truth, you ready…sometimes parenthood feels too demanding and overwhelming.
Continue reading “Warning being a parent is hard!”
According to most parenting books, I am parenting all wrong when it comes to sleep.
Continue reading “Warning! Teething baby doesn’t sleep”
When you are pregnant you suddenly have tests, blood taken, pee sampled. All for good reasons, but a lot of the time I didn’t have a clue what I was been tested for. Was that just me?
So I had my blood taken and then I was told I was Rhesus Negative. Huh??
Continue reading “Rhesus Negative and what it means”